To make your loved one’s Valentine’s day extra special, call Kings Heating to insert a gas fireplace. An indoor fireplace can help set the mood for romance. Get your new fireplace today!
- We, the Seahawks fans, are the loudest in the NFL!
- In 1985 the league instituted a noise rule. Looks like that rule doesn’t apply to us much anymore!
- The 12th MAN continues to be the loudest, giving our Seahawks an outstanding home field advantage to this day!
- The tradition of the 12th MAN flag originated on October 12th 2003 and soars above the Space Needle during playoffs.
- Rain, snow or shine the 12th MAN is NOT a fair weather fan.
Kings Heating is honoring the 12th man fans with a special discount – When the Seahawks play Green Bay this Sunday, Jan. 18th, whatever the Seahawks score will be the dollar amount we take off your next service call! Take last weekend as an example: we beat Panthers 17-31 that would have been $31 off your service call between Jan. 18-31st, 2015
Air Conditioning (and a free furnace) = a better night of sleep.
For a limited time, with an air conditioning purchase and install, we will include a FREE furnace on select models! Consider the peace of mind you will have knowing your heating and cooling system is designed to work together effectively. Imagine how good you will feel having a decade long warranty, on both units.
One of the many topics that come up with our clients is… furnace filters. Using the two main questions we hear from our clients, here is all the information you need to know about those pesky furnace filters.
When should furnace filters be changed?
- As a general guideline; the higher the efficiency of the furnace filter, the longer you can wait in between filter changes.
- Disposable or fiberglass filters ought to be changed monthly, without question. It may be necessary to change them even sooner depending on several factors like a pet or a smoker in the home.
- Washable furnace filters, the kind that usually come included with the furnace, can be cleaned about every two months, but it’s still a good idea to check your filters regularly.
- Separately purchased high-efficiency furnace filters can go even longer without needing a change; typically around three months. A higher end furnace filter can go an entire winter without needing a cleaning or change, but that depends on your level of usage and your living situation.
How can I check to see if it needs to be replaced?
- First, it’s helpful to know how to replace your furnace filter yourself. Of course, every furnace is different and each comes with instructions pertaining to its specificities. Many filters have fairly straightforward maintenance procedures; others can be more complicated, so make sure to learn about the furnace that’s heating your home!
- Next, once you’ve learned how to replace your filter, take a second to study it when it’s clean. If you’re familiar with what a clean filter looks like you’ll easily be able to tell when it’s dirty! It sounds simple, but many neglect to change their filter because they didn’t realize it was dirty!
- Finally, check your furnace filter as often as you can! A dirty furnace filter can result in lower air quality and higher utility costs for your home. Plus, if your filter is clogged your furnace has to work much harder to force air into your home, shortening its operating life. We recommend checking your furnace filter at least once per month.
Now here are a few pictures to help you along the way:
Dirty vs. Clean
High Efficiency Furnace Filter
If you have any other questions about furnace filters be sure to contact us or give us a call at (425) 275-5153 and we can help you out over the phone.