Have you made sure your HVAC system is ready for spring and summer here in the Seattle area? It is never too early to begin getting ready for the cooling season even though it is early March. Remember prevention is far better than cure when it comes to your HVAC equipment.
Here are a few things you should do to get ready for spring.
- Remove any winter debris which can restrict airflow to your condenser, resulting in an increase in your utility bills.
- Keep your HVAC system in mind if you are planning on planting a garden this spring. Your condenser needs at least two feet of clearance around it.
- Your furnace filter needs to be changed at least once a season. The beginning of spring is an excellent time to do this as you will have a fresh filter to trap those irritating spring allergens.
- Think about upgrading to a programmable thermostat which will allow you to set the temperature according to your schedule. This will reduce the time your air conditioner wastes cooling an empty home.
- Schedule preventative maintenance with your heating and air conditioning contractor in spring. Contractors get very busy when the heat of summer arrives, and it could take days for a professional to get to your home to diagnose the problem when something goes wrong with your air conditioner. They are less busy in spring and can attend to any potential issues before they become serious problems.
This spring be good to your heating and cooling system by contacting Kings Heating and Air Conditioning in Lynwood WA today.