Essential Service Provider We Are Currently Open. Read Our COVID-19 Update Here.

Is There Carbon Monoxide In Your House?

carbon_monoxide_detectorGet a Carbon Monoxide detector in your house today!

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas that cannot be seen or smelled and can kill a person in minutes. If Carbon Monoxide is released in enclosed or semi-enclosed areas it can build to unsafe levels in seconds. The poisonous gas is produced by incomplete combustion from cars and trucks, small gasoline power equipment like chain saws and weed trimmers, boat engines, gas and camp stoves, burning charcoal, ovens and even furnaces.

When Carbon Monoxide (CO) is released into the air you start to see symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue, weakness, confusion and nausea. Low-level carbon monoxide is difficult to diagnose because the symptoms act like other illnesses such as a cold or the flu. Breathing in high levels of CO can cause loss of consciousness and death. Turn off the source of CO, go outside for fresh air. If ever someone suspects they have CO poisoning immediately go outside to get fresh air. If someone is unconscious, open windows and doors to bring in fresh air, while calling 911. People who are sleeping can die from carbon monoxide poisoning before ever knowing they are being exposed to gas.

Get your Carbon Monoxide detector today to avoid accidents in the future!

Call Kings Heating  (425) 275-5153 for furnace maintenance and let us know you’d like detectors!